As the weather gets colder, many people will turn to their favorite hot morning beverage: coffee! October 1st, 2023, is International Coffee Day. To celebrate the occasion, we put together some fun facts about coffee.
Coffee Fun Facts
- The Cappuccino is the most popular coffee drink in Wisconsin
- Cold Brew is less acidic than hot coffee and could be a friendly alternative for those with sensitive stomachs.
- It’s good for your memory. A study conducted in Maastricht, Holland, found that coffee can combat the forgetfulness that often accompanies aging.
- Coffee will not dehydrate you. Coffee is a natural diuretic. What does this mean for the body? While you may urinate more due to the caffeine inside, you won’t become dehydrated.
- For a long time, coffee drinkers have muttered the phrase “a cup of joe.” While many have said this phrase came from the US Navy, most believe it stems from the idea that coffee is universal and can be drunk by any average person.
- In Italian, the word espresso means pressed out. This name was given due to the process of forcing water that is boiling through ground coffee.
Why not visit a local coffee shop? Here are the best family-friendly coffee shops in Appleton according to the Post-Crescent.